Established in 2017, Emme Parsons is an American coastal brand grounded in European historicism. Known for its ultra-light interpretations of classic silhouettes each collection strives to create versatile, enduring pieces.
Defined by discipline, rationality and purity, the label utilizes the rigor of aesthetic rules while acting as a conduit to the less knowable. Blending logic and feeling, the label’s core ethos is rooted in Eloquent Utilitarianism: a belief that function should have meaning and that pure design should be unobtrusive yet emotional.
All shoes are made in Italy according to long-held practices and adhering to the highest standards in environmental responsibility.
A SHARED OBLIGATION
Calf — VEGETABLE TANNING
- The vegetable tanning process involves soaking hides in a solution made up of vegetable tannins
- Vegetable tannins are derived from bark, leaves, fruits and other plants.
- A traditional method of tanning which takes a great amount of time and care that yields extremely durable leather.
- Requires more use of water but the residual wastewater is significantly less impactful to the environment due to its natural compounds.
Embossed Exotics—METAL FREE TANNING
- Replaces metal salts with biodegradable vegetable or synthetic materials.
- Has a very low impact on the environment and uses less water.
- Leaves a smaller amount of residual waste.
Suede, Nappa, and Baby Calf — CHROME TANNING
- Replaces water molecules from the collagen of the hide with chrome ions to create thin and soft, supple leather.
- This process keeps the colors more uniform and less susceptible to patina.
- It also makes the leather more resistant to stains, heat and water damage.
- Chrome tanning can leave negative environmental impact if not properly regulated, our tanneries are all REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals) compliant and adhere to strict EU guidelines to protect human health and the environment.